At our house someone is always working out, meal prepping or trying to find a creative and tasty way to make eating healthy taste good.Â Lately we have been on a ketogenic program.Â Here is one of our favoritelow carb, sugar free recipes that is sure to give these two candy favorites a run for their money.
Mounds Meets York Peppermint Patties Fat Bombs
Coconut Candy Layer
1/2 c. coconut butter
1/2 c coconut oil
1/2 c unsweetened shredded coconut
3 tbsp powders sugar substitute (like stevia or truvia)
1 & 1/2 oz cocoa butter or coconut oil (if you can’t find cocoa butter)
1 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/4 c powdered sugar substitute (ie truvia)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1-4 drops of doTERRA Peppermint Essential oil (adjust amount to your desired taste)
- For the first layer, line a mini muffin tray with mini paper liners.
- Combine coconut butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted and smooth and then stir in shredded coconut and sweetener until combined.
- Divide mixture among the prepared mini muffin cups and freeze until firm or around 30 minutes.
- For the chocolate coating, cobine cocoa butter and unsweetened chocolate together in a bowl set up over a pan of simmering water. Do not let the bottom of the bowl touch the water. Stir until melted.
- Stir in powdered sweetener, then stir in cocoa powder until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and peppermint essential oil to taste.
- Spoon chocolate topping over chilled coconut and let set in the freezer for around 15 minutes.
- Candies can be stored in the freezer for several months or on your counter top for up to one week.
Serves 10. Each serving has 5 g of carbs and 4 g of fiber. Total net carbs= 1g.
240 Calories: 25 g Fat (89.1% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 5 g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber